Not many people think that it would be possible to have best BMX bikes for adults. Somehow, BMX bikes are always identical with the high price. It is related to the high quality construction and also premium performance. When you have a BMX bike, you know that it will tackle all kinds of treatments and abuse you throw at it.
The high quality construction is able to handle the abusive treatment and it is still able to last for a long time. Sometimes, no matter how hard you are treating the bike and yet you are still able to take care it well, your bike will last for good. So, having such a bike is truly an investment.
Our Pick Best BMX Bikes for Adults and Beginners
[content-egg module=Amazon template=item]
But thanks to technology and the abundance supply, you can get best BMX bikes for adults without compromising quality, performance, and your money. With the price range not exceeding more than $400, you can have yourself a good quality bike. Moreover, today’s world is full of demands from all kinds of bike users, kids and adults, and also from the sports world, such as the extreme sports. Can you be sure about the quality construction? Yes, you can. Most of these bikes are made from the high quality materials and parts, and they are equipped with the latest technologies and features. There are some of the most promising brands and lines. Each of them has their own unique specifications and qualities.
The Best BMX Bikes for Adults and Beginners of 2018
1. Legion Mongoose L60 with 20-Inch Wheel
This best BMX bike for adults is designed for extreme usage; that’s why it is often chosen and used by professional extreme sport athletes. There are good reasons why Mongoose is one of best bmx bike brands and has a quality product. For a starter, the steel fork and frame are designed for abusive and hard treatment, especially for tackling difficult moves and actions. The tubular cromo is durable, created for easy pedaling. What about the safety features? The rear U-brake is made from alloy, and it comes with alloy levers to create responsive stop. The overall construction is pretty tough and solid, especially with the two pieces bar and four alloy bolt threadless stem. The combination of lightweight saddle, comfy ride, and high volume and high performance tires make this bike pretty solid and complete
- The overall construction is solid and sturdy.
- The design is pretty simple, creating a no nonsense styling.
- All the features are working great and the outcome is nice.
- Some of the parts are prone to production defects.
- Some buyers have experience the bad bearings and tubes.
- Moreover, they didn’t even use it hard because the bike was used by kids and pre-teens.
- Some users even found the front tire having a patch.
[su_highlight background=”#ff1612″]>>CHECK PRICE<<[/su_highlight]
2. Legion Mongoose L80 with 20-Inch Wheel
This one may not be exactly the kind of bike within the line of best cheap bmx bikes but it does have its strength. Its fame is the BMX tri-moly construction with semi integrated headset and also rider friendly structure. The pedaling area is made easy and accommodating. And just the same as the other lines from Mongoose, the braking system is pretty solid and safe. Thanks to alloy brake levels and U-brake on the back, you can expect a fast and responsive stop without harming you. This is another nice combination of lightweight feature, durable and solid construction, and also high performance tires. This is the kind of bike that is mostly used by the freestyler so it should be light without compromising construction. When you have this kind of bike at home, you will only enjoy the greatest enjoyment.
- The bike is smooth and responsive.
- The overall construction is solid without compromising the lightweight feature.
- The color option is nice as there are various alternatives to it.
- Some people experience faulty brake, in terms that it wasn’t responsive at first. You need to ride it several times and it will work just fine.
- The rear tire is prone to damage. Some people experience popped tires.
- Some of the tires are pretty flimsy and they damage easily.
3. Legion Mongoose L100 with 20-Inch Wheel
Again, it is another line of sturdy and reliable BMX bike with the solid construction and design. If you are looking for a bike with professional quality this one is great choice. This is the type of bike to choose, as we know that mongoose is one of best BMX bike brands The frame comes with chromoly structure and integrated headset, resulting in reliable and strong performance. This one has dependable full chromoly bars and forks being attached to the top stem loader. The alloy rims with their double wall 36 hole is accommodative enough for the tires, making sure that they roll effortlessly and smoothly. And just like the others, the braking system is super handy and responsive.
- This is one of the best beginner bmx bike with strong and handy features without making you spend a fortune.
- All of the features work nicely. It is light, responsive and easy to control.
- The assembly is fast and easy; you don’t need to hire a pro to do it.
- Some parts may be loose so you want to fix it right away. After all, fixing it right away is pretty easy and you can always do it on your own.
- For some people, especially the tall ones, the seat is too low so it is pretty difficult to manage.
4. MX24 Redline BMX 24-Inch
Are you an adult that wants to have fun biking and cycling around? Or are your teens want to have a solid bike that can be used for their extreme sport activities or to accompany them in the transportation matter? This is best bmx bike for adult to choose. The construction is tall and majestic, so it is just perfect for big kids and also tall riders. This is included as the BMX racers who want to have a bike in the entry level kind. The aluminum frame is light with oval seat and anti flex ability. It should be able to create responsive and also lightweight ride.
- A lot of adults love this bike because of the specialized construction for adults.
- This best cheap bmx bike is lightweight and super responsive.
- The assembly is easy and it can be done on your own because the tools are also included within the package.
- The rear tire is quite prone to popping as some products experience such a problem. Finding the replacement is pretty difficult unless you replace the original tire with the bigger one and you will have to changes the rim too.
- Some people experience late delivery.
5. Legion Mongoose L10 with 20-Inch Wheel
This is best beginner bmx bike. It comes with BMX Hi-Ten steel fork and frame, sturdy and solid enough to accommodate the user. The forged steel construction and cranks are quite simple but solid and strong. The braking system is rather different. It comes with brake rotor, with 360 degree and U-brakes system. It creates tangle free and reliable braking ability. The overall construction is sturdy, packed with four different freestyle pegs for tricks and grinds.
- The design is simple and yet appealing.
- The performance is smooth and reliable.
- It is easy to assemble.
- The best cheap bmx bike will experience faulty and problem, which can lead to damages, when it is assembled wrong. You need o make sure that you do it right.
- It is an overpriced item because it isn’t as good as expected.
- Paint is easily chipped.
- The back tire is prone to popping even without excessive usage.
6. LTD Framed Attack
This is the BMX bike designed for adult men. The overall construction is definitely solid and strong because it should accommodate heavy weight – more than 200 lbs. The tire itself is able to accommodate 160 lbs but you can always replace the tires and use the bigger ones. Are you able to do so easily? Yes, not only you can replace it with other types of tires, you can also expect the same solid performance and quality from it. This bike is originally design for small people but in the event that you are pretty heavy, you may need to make some adjustments.
- The overall quality and construction is pretty nice and solid. Even with some abusive treatments, the bike holds up pretty well.
- It is a type of BMX bike for everyday usage and activities.
- It is a pretty solid and reliable bike with nice features.
- The bike is pretty small so it is pretty hard (and tiring for tall people) to stay on it for long time.
- The bars are moving constantly back and forth so you may want to do another adjustment and change.
- The seat is made from plastic and it is not adjustable.
7. Legion Mongoose L40 with 20-Inch Wheel
It is a freestyle bike so it is lightweight and yet it comes with a solid construction. The bike is made from BMX Hi-Ten fork and frame to deliver modern fit for special BMX geometry. The construction is also meant to create comfortable ride. The braking system is pretty solid and tough, thanks to the brake rotor 360 degrees and U-brakes from alloy. With such a technology, you can also expect a responsive brake with tangle-free arrangement. The handlebars come with 8.25 inch size to accommodate better (and easy) control. It is also supported by the threadless front loader stem with 50mm. This is the bike with comfy and slick slim rail design.
- The package is secured and tight.
- Assemble is easy and the directions are clear. Everything is easy to follow.
- It is lightweight.
- The brake is nice and soft and yet super responsive.
- Some of the bolts are missing during the delivery.
- Some of the parts are defected; which isn’t clear whether it is coming from the manufacturer or because of the delivery.
8. FS20 X-Games Freestyle Bike
This is another best cheap bmx bike designed for a freestyle purpose so it is reliable in construction and it is light in weight. It comes with pegs on the front and also back. The saddle is coming with the X-Games standard, so it is plush and nice and adjustable. It also comes with good hand brakes on the front and back. The fork and frame comes with welded steel. If you really want a bike that is comfy to ride and yet comes with professional quality grade, this is the perfect item to have.
- The overall construction is pretty good and solid.
- Assembly process is super easy for some people but it can be a handful for the others.
- It delivers smooth ride.
- The brake is pretty hard but once you replace it, you are good to go.
- The handlebar assembly can be challenge.
- It can be a bit uncomfortable for those who expect a bike for everyday usage, instead for the sports activity.
9. Grind Diamondback Youth Bike
This bike comes with simple design and yet it is super sturdy. It is made from the combination of high quality steel for the frame, equipped and supported with the 990 braking mounts. With such a combination, the bike becomes durable pieces without compromising style. You can tell that it is one of best beginner bmx bike because of the signature design. Thanks to the one piece steel crank, the bike has this stiff and also strong effect. Another great thing about this bike is the existence of single speed drivetrain, delivering light and also simple quality. Some people even compare assembling the bike with assembling pieces of furniture from a Sweden brand. As long as you follow all the directions and instructions, you are good to go.
- The bike is light and easy to move around by carrying it.
- The assembly process is also easy.
- The customer service is pretty responsive and quick. Customer service is pretty satisfying.
- For some people, this bike is expensive because it crumbles in within months.
- People start experiencing problems with the seats and bearings. And then the seat is hard.
- Some people experience broken parts, which likely happened during delivery.
10. 20-Inch 270 Mongoose Mode Boys Bike
This is one of the best beginner bmx bike with all the handy features and the right solid construction. It is designed for boys and their freestyle activities so don’t expect yourself to find any girly paint or colors. This bike comes with four different freestyle pegs, designed for stunts and actions. The cable detangler is designed to spin the handlebars up to 360 degrees. Everything about this bike has been carefully designed and thought of. The frame is steel, with single speed gear. It also comes with four bolt alloy stem and also front side load clamps. The braking system comes with alloy U-brake for the back and caliper brake, creating fast and responsive stop without putting you in a harm’s way. The tires are the mag aluminum machined wheels that are tough and yet still plump and bouncy – just enough to deliver comfortable ride.
- The price is pretty affordable, even inexpensive when compared to the other products with the same features or strength.
- The design is simple and yet stylish.
- Assemble is pretty easy as you don’t need to have any special skills.
- It is only designed for boys, so the overall design is pretty masculine for girls.
11. 20 Kent Pro 20-Inch Bike for Boys
If you are looking for the best cheap BMX bikes, with all the strong construction and sturdy line, this is the best bmx bikes for street riding to choose. It comes with solid fork and frame with the tig welded steel. The 20-inch wheels are also equipped with pegs; and it also comes with seat clamp from alloy. For better safety features, there are handbrakes for the back and the front. And a freestyle rotor for performance is included within the package. The bike itself is pretty comfy to ride and it feels sturdy.
- The overall look is nice and even good looking.
- The assembling should be easy, except for the brake.
- It works pretty well.
- It comes with the right height.
- The brake assemble is a confusing part as not everyone is familiar with the system. There is no instruction for it so it can be a pain in the neck in the end.
12. Legion Mongoose Mag Legion
This is a great piece with all of the right features and also solid construction. This best bmx bikes for street riding comes with the Hi-Ten BMX fork and frame steel which makes it ideal for abusive treatment or any action that you have in mind. There are nice features you can expect from it, such as the handlebar spin with 360 degrees ability, cast mag aluminum wheel complete with sealed bearings, and also the right forged steel and also gear that is delivering single speed and simple riding experience. There is the U-brake on the back for improved safety and better stop without causing any skid. The assembly process is pretty easy too.
- The assembling is pretty simple and straightforward for those who are used to it.
- Once the assembling is done, the bike looks well.
- The pads require adjustments and the brakes require extra tightening.
- Some of the parts are missing. Some are also damaged during delivery.
- The instructions aren’t really helpful so most users take the bike to professional bike shops and have to pay extra for the assemble.
13. 8109-34ZTJ Dynacraft Throttle Magna 20-Inch Boys Bike
It is a pretty okay bike; has all the right look and construction. There are also some padded areas for the improved comfort. It is not bad, after all, considering that it is worth less than $100. The paint is quite good. It is claimed to be the deluxe paint. It is using the BMX frame designed for boys and there is also the padded handlebar for increased comfort. You need to push back the crank arm to engage the coaster brake, improving the stopping ability of the bike.
- The assembly process itself is pretty straightforward and simple.
- The distance between the seat and the handlebar is pretty solid and convenient.
- The overall look is pretty great and solid.
- There is no instruction for the assembly so it can be confusing for first timers. Some people get the instruction but it is so confusing and complicated.
- Some of the parts are poor in materials and also workmanship.
14. B2 Grenade BMX Bike
The best beginner bmx bike has a nice quality to it. You can feel the lightweight feature once you unbox it. With hi-Ten forks, cromo frame, alloy shrapnel fuse stem, fragment shrapnel grips, and Hi-Ten rise 8-inch bars; the overall construction is solid and nice. It may take a while for beginners to assemble but once you do it, you will get yourself a lightweight and premium quality bike. The bike itself is perfect for medium users.
- It is solid and sturdy.
- It is a quality bike.
- You will have to do the assembly yourself and it may take a while for beginners.
15. BMX Razor Agitator 20-Inch
BMX razor bike is designed for the freestyle activity so it is sturdy, solid, and also lightweight. Recommended choice of best bmx bikes for adults. It comes with all the right (and needed) features, such as caliper brakes for the front made from alloy or comfy saddle with padded style for improved usage and convenience. This bike has four different axle pegs to help it manage tricks while riding. And the 20-inch wheels are solid enough to accommodate the weight of the users. Another thing to like about it is the easy assemble although you may have to spend extra efforts and time to manage everything. Are you a professional freestyler who likes to perform the handlebar spin? This would be the perfect one for you because of the 360 degrees rotor for the spin.
- The final outcome and finish are great.
- It is smooth despite the weight.
- Assemble really takes a while because you really need to do everything on your own and places everything on its spot.
- Some of the parts are either missing or broken.
- The bike is pretty heavy, especially for the one with 20-inch wheels.
- Poor quality control.
Those are some of the BMX bicycles available on the market. Each of them has their own specific qualities and also flaws. Make sure to do your research carefully and thoroughly to find yourself inexpensive but premium item. If you do so, you can get the best BMX bikes for adults for your personal needs.